We love our beaches as much as each of our guests and we look forward to enjoying the beauty of the Beaches of South Walton for years to come! Visit South Walton has provied the most up-to-date Beach Safety Rules to ensure your 30A beach vacations are safe and full of fun.
Current Rules in Place:
Leave No Trace- all items left on the beach overnight will be discarded to help maintain our pristine beaches and provide a safe environment for our South Walton Sea Turtles.
Vehicles require a permit to drive onto the beach, and are only allowed to drive on the beach at Grayton Beach. Permits can be applied for through the Walton County Board of County Commissioners lottery system.
Dog Permits are required for dogs on the beach, and are only available to residents of Walton County and/or property owners in Walton County. Those permits can also be purchased through the BCC. Permits are issued year round and expire on August 1st of each year.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- Stay off the dunes.
- Removal of sand, water and vegetation is strictly prohibited.
Two 15’ corridors are reserved for emergency vehicles; one extending 15’ from the dune toward the water, and the other extending 15’ from the water’s edge upland.
Amplified sound (audio device, speakers, radio, musical instrument, etc.) which can be heard by a person using normal hearing faculties at a distance of 100 feet from the source of the sound is not permitted.
- Tents must be 10’ x 10’ or smaller and are to be set up only on the top 1/3 of the available beach space, still allowing for a 15’ distance from the dunes for emergency vehicles.
- Charcoal grills are not allowed on the beach, all grilling must be done on Propane grills measuring at 225 square inches (approximately 12”x18” rectangular or 16” in diameter for circular grills) or smaller.
- Bonfire permits can be applied for through the South Walton Fire District, Monday through Friday from 8 until 4. All bonfires must be put out and cleaned up by 1 AM and remnants must not be placed in the TDC trash containers.
- For in depth permit requirements visit South Walton Fire District’s website at www.swfd.com/beach-safety/beach-bonfires.
Beach Flag Reminders:
- Double Red Flag: Water Closed, all water activity is prohibited.
- Red Flag: High Hazard, knee deep limitation
- Yellow Flag: Moderate Surf/Currents
- Green Flag: Calm Conditions
- Purple Flag: Dangerous Marine Life
- White/Blue Flag: Temporary Technical Issues- Text SAFETY to 31279 for updates when this occurs.
For current conditions and flag status text FLAG to 31279 any time.
Dune Vacation Rentals is thrilled to offer Bonfire Packages, all you need to do is show up and enjoy! Discover all of Dune’s Concierge Services when you plan your stay at Dune Vacation Rentals of 30A.